Summer is here…hurrah!
With the aim of making setting up your September classroom a whole lot easier, I will be sharing a 4 part blog post over the next couple of weeks, linking to lots of lovely free resources you can use.
Part 1 and Part 2 will focus mainly on classroom organisation and the general environment.
Part 3 will focus on those ‘must have’ displays
Part 4 will focus on the all important monitoring, assessment and targets.
I really hope these blog posts help…so here we go!
What is it they say? An organised classroom is a happy classroom’… that’s fine except let’s be honest, we could spend our entire Summer creating labels, work mats, posters etc – then that leaves a very unhappy teacher come September. So…don’t spend the Summer reinventing the wheel, let us help.
Below, you’ll find a link to 15 essential resources for your classroom. I hope they help!
1. The all important visual timetable! We have 4 different sets of visual timetable cards, so download the one most suitable for your classroom.
2. Birthday boards – why not use them to create a display to celebrate children’s birthdays.
3. Self assessment resources – encourage children to evaluate their own work and learn to ask for help when they are unsure.
4. Table mats – we have a variety of mats that cover everything from reading strategies to numbers written in word form, take a look.
5. WALT/WILF – download our editable or printable versions to share learning with your class.
6. Book labels – easily editable and then just cut and glue onto children’s books.
7. Tray labels – have fun with this fantastic editable document. Create all different size, colour and shape labels for your trays, doors, coat pegs and more.
8. Letter formation pack – perfect for EYFS and KS1, designed to allow you to create name cards and other writing resources which help your children to practise their formation of letters.
9. Classroom resource labels – label your maths, literacy, art and PE resources with our handy labels.
10. Certificates – don’t waste hours creating certificates. We have a whole range you can choose from.
11. Welcome posters – use our editable posters to welcome children into your classroom.
12. Bunting – it’s great when you have a huge classroom and can fill your walls with posters but if not, bunting is a great way to display key educational elements such as numbers and letters.