Penultimate is a fantastic app! Although it is not strictly an educational app it does offer some very interesting possibilities when placed in the classroom environment.
Penultimate is an application that allows you to create virtual notebooks, you can add images and change the style of ‘paper’ that is used.
Although the drawing functionality works great with just a finger on the screen, I highly recommend investing in some stylus pens as it allows you to write and draw with much more precision.
- Letter formation practice
- Create group presentations
- Story writing
- Fact Files
- 2D & 3D Shapes
- Map work
- D&T modifying designs
- Science experiments
- Incredibly well built with a vast amount of features, yet the app still manages to be user friendly and easy to use.
- Very responsive and accurate drawing with a selection of pen colors and thicknesses
- Adding images is very easy whether you are importing an existing image or capturing one with the camera
- Due to its nature, this app can be used for most if not all age groups
- Only 69p, I would have expected this app to be at least £2.99
- Lots of clever features such as wrist protection, dropbox support and the ability to print and share your notebooks
- No way of adding typed text, you are only able to write freehand.
- More writing tools would make this app even better, as currently only a pen is offered with a handful of colours and thicknesses
An amazing app that, with a little imagination, can become a powerful tool within pretty much any learning scenario. 69p is but a small price to pay for an app with as many uses as this! Download Penultimate now…