Following my previous post with 10 resources for your Olympics lessons, here are 10 more great resources that can be used in the classroom:
1) Paul Greenwood got in touch to recommend the Olympics games that his pupils have created at Northwood Primary School. His pupils have made some fantastic challenges that can be used as part of your lessons. Could the children in your class make some great games like these? Anton Junior School also have a great set of resources.
2) Activity Village have lots of colouring pages, printables, puzzles and worksheets that you can download for free.
3) This page on Proteacher has a HUGE list of activity ideas that have contributed by different people.
4) The BBC Primary History site has a great section about Ancient Greeks, if you are linking this History topic with your Olympics activities.
5) Winged Sandals is another wonderful resource that has animated versions of Greek myths.
6) Primary Resources have a special Olympics page with lots of great resources that have been contributed by teachers.
7) The official London 2012 Olympics Film is available on Youtube. How many different sports, London landmarks, sports stars / celebrities can you spot in the video?
8 ) This virtual tour also gives a great overview of the London 2012 Olympic Park:
9) The Red Cross have lots of ideas and resources linked to health and security at the Olympics.
10) Instant Display also have a large collection of free resources that can be printed and used in your classroom.