It’s Bonfire Night tomorrow (5th November), so here are 10 great resources that you can use to teach children about the Gunpowder Plot, Guy Fawkes and fireworks:
1) Remember Remember have a number of downloadable teaching resources that you can use.
2) I’ve also made a set of Gunpowder plot resources that are freely available on Teaching Ideas.
3) Here’s a great video showing a teacher helping children to learn the poem ‘Remember, remember the fifth of November’, using rhythm and actions. Could you try this with your pupils?
4) The BBC have an interactive game that tests your knowledge of the Gunpowder Plot.
5) Teacher’s Pet also have lots of great resources linked to Bonfire Night.
6) The wonderful Woodlands Junior School site has lots of historical information about the Gunpowder Plot.
7) Simon Haughton has also created a very child-friendly site that pupils could use to research the topic.
8 ) This Youtube video gives some background information about the people behind the Gunpowder Plot.
9) Welephant have lots of resources that can be used to teach children about fire safety.
10) This interactive fireworks site is always popular with children and it works really well on an interactive whiteboard!
Will your class be learning about the Gunpowder Plot this year?