Happy New Year! As 2013 has now arrived, I’ve found 10 great resources that can be used to celebrate the new year with your class.
1) I’ve made a number of New Year resources for Teaching Ideas. There are printable banners (in different languages) and activity sheets to encourage children to think about last year’s achievements and targets for this year.
2) Activity Village have a large selection of craft ideas, printable, worksheets, colouring pages and puzzles linked to the New Year.
3) Teacher’s Pet have a special pack of resources to help children to set new goals for the coming year.
4) The Big Picture have some amazing photographs showing New Year celebrations around the world.
5) abcteach have a large collection of New Year’s resources to try!
6) Watch the video of the fireworks celebration in London on New Year’s Day 2013. Could you use these as the starting point for some art work?
7) The Assemblies Website has a story that can be used in a New Year assembly in primary schools.
8 ) This pack of 21 assemblies for primary schools from UNICEF also has an assembly about New Year’s Resolutions.
9) Explore the new Event Calendar on Teaching Ideas. Which of this year’s events would the children like to get involved in? Can they plan some activities?
10) Try this New Year’s Resolution generator. What do the resolutions mean? How would you go about achieving them? Could your class think of new resolutions that might be added to it?
What activities will you be trying with your class at the start of 2013?